05 May 2007

We lost another good soul...

I'm a part of a message board for Ya-Ya's (based on books by Rebecca Wells). It's mostly comprised of women with a few men who understand the idea of the sisterhood bond.

There are a lot of great women on this board. I've met a few in person. A couple have become really good friends...kindred spirits...very much 'Ya-Yas'. Mamabear is a Ya-Ya that I never had the pleasure of meeting in person. However, many of her posts were wise. Many of them were pretty humorous. She seemed like a very sweet and caring person...a very strong woman. Yesterday, we lost her to a long battle with cancer. Paula outlived all her physicians predictions and lived life to the fullest. I know her family will miss her dearly, as well as the 'family' on the board. There's a lot of grieving going on there today.

I'm kind of babbling right now. I wish people didn't have to go through the pain of dealing with cancer. It's affected my cousin (who thankfully won her battle), Paula, Trace, Gritsy's sister, my 'THyroid sisters'...just so many good people. Sure, I had Thyroid cancer, but really, my battle wasn't as tough as the others. Yes, I have to keep a check on things, but really, when I think about it, I'm alright. I KNOW I'll be alright. Hey, at least I didn't have to go through Radiation Therapy or Chemo. The treatments I had, though pretty danged uncomfortable, were less invasive than the others.

We'll miss you, Paula. There's a new angel in heaven now. I'm glad you're not in pain anymore...
--LB

2 comments:

amulbunny's random thoughts said...

I wish I would quit crying when ever I think about her. She was so much stronger than I think I could ever be. I'd probably wimp out.
I just hate cancer, it has taken too many people that I have loved in the last few years.

You're a cool chickie Leenie. I am glad I have met you!

~ T (grits) ~ said...

LernieLuv,
Im just reading this for the first time! What a beautiful tribute to an awesome woman. And thank you for mentioning my sister, Deb. You have such a tender and kind heart. I used to keep a blog but deleted it after some 'crap' went on. But I am gonna start one up again! I love your site and Im so glad we got to meet and become friends. You are a treasure!!
hugs&peace,
Grits