25 October 2007

Update on My Stupid "Thyroid"

I just finished having an RAI-131 Body Scan yesterday and am FINALLY back on my meds after having been off of them for over 2.5 weeks!!!! YEAH! I also get to FINALLY eat somewhat normal again after having been on the Low Iodine-omg-i-hate-that-dang-thing diet for 1.5 weeks.

Currently my body is readjusting to being back on my Levoxyl. Unfortunately, this means, I'm still pretty "Staypuff Marshmallow Girl" faced still. There's a really weird metallic yucky after taste to everything I eat and some nausea. On one hand. Ugh. On the other hand, I suppose at least that's kept me from gaining weight (haha). My body still is in massive hypothyroid mode so I'm feeling seriously slow motion and fatigued. Oh yeah, and my voice. It's kind of hard to talk and it's sounding a bit like I've got laryngitis. Yeah me. haha

Up side...well, I figure I'll be feeling better in the next couple of days. Hopefully tomorrow I'm on the road to being more like myself.

HOWEVER...THE AWESOME NEWS:
As far as can be seen, the scan shows that while there are still the residual cells remaining in what my doctor calls the 'thyroid bed' (the area where my thyroid used to hang out) none of them look like they've grown. BEST PART...none of them look cancerous. YEAHHHH!!!!!!! I'm pretty stoked about that. Seriously, I don't need any more stinking radiation therapy thank ya very much.

Anyways, that's the scoop on my current situation. Once I feel better, hopefully I'll get back to painting. I've been in such a fugue even before being off my thyroid meds. It's like some weird depression thing. Not sure. I just have to break out of it, I guess. I mean, I HAVE been pretty productive w/ my Henna art...I created a few new designs, revamped my table/booth decor, signs and books. I've also been insanely busy with that whole aspect of my business. I still have to re-work my Henna Website and then slowly move on to working on the artwork side of it.

Hmmm...I guess I have been busy. I just feel bad that I haven't been painting a whole lot.

No comments: