11 November 2008

Major Bean got a MAJOR AWARD!

Onto more of how my week went. First and foremost...STRESS...yes, loads of stress. This weekend was all about preparing for the "Art of Food and Wine in Palm Desert" show where I was invited to do henna and show my art work. In the midst of this my FIL had a seizure while driving. I won't go into detail about that, but the long and short of it was that my in-laws are all ok and Dad is on the mend.

Happy news:
Bean was back in town for a convention, literally down the street from where we live! I haven't seen him in a couple of years and have been missing my lil bro a lot. He was able to find time to hang out w/ us between classes, etc. so that was really cool. Best part of it was that there was time to attend his awards ceremony where he received the Young Leadership Award from the Air Force. Reading through his bio in the program, I realized how much he'd been doing for our country. Just amazing! We're all really proud of him, that's for sure.





For those of you who are wondering why in the world we call him "Bean"...
Well, anyone who has ever been around Filipino families will notice that our relatives who were born and raised in the Philippines have a huge accent. Among other things, they get their P's and F's mixed up, as well as their B's and V's. My brother's name is Vincent, but when Mom or Dad would call him, it would sound like "BEAN-CENT!!!" So, my sis and I started calling him Bean.

Yes, Girls, he IS single. He looks pretty good in his uniform, too ;-)

No comments: